Question

Ultimatum
I read once that you must not give an ultimatum unless you are prepared to accept the consequence. Well I have reached a stage where I refuse to have one of my boyfriends friends in our life. He’s a bad influence and the cause of many fights.

I want to put an ultimatum to my boyfriend that it’s him or me. I feel extremely strong about this, because what this guy does gets to me and my boyfriends family and kids. He’s got no positive influence in anybody’s life.

Could I have your input in this please.

If you think this could cause a breakup then I can promise you we are heading for one in any case if this friendship continues as I will not stand for this man who visit's prostitutes and is drunk every day.

It's surely true that if you give a strong ultimatum, and they don't do what you want, and you then don't do what you said you would, you lose credibility. Only you can ecide whether the conditions apply to you in your situation. IF you would rather end the relationship than put up with having this scum around, that's a reasonable decision you might make.