Question

Unable to eat certain foods
Dear DietDoc
I am a 17 year-old girl with a weird problem I have no clue how to solve. In the past I have days or a week or so when I would not be able to eat certain foods such as dairy products and bread especially. What I mean when I say I was unable to eat these foods was that if I had the smallest portion, my stomach would be sore and uncomfortable, not necessarily sick and bloated, but physically sore. Lately my problem has worsened and I have not really been able to eat any diary products and bread since the beginning of the year. It has left me not eating correctly with alot of cravings throughout my day. I am not sure what I should eat or if there is something really wrong with me.
I am not expecting a whole new diet plan from you, but at least a reccomendation to see a dietician or to just ignore it, hoping it is a phase.
Please could you assist me in some way?

Dear CS
Yes, I feel that you should a) have some allergy tests done by your medical dr b) consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings)), so that you can determine exactly what is wrong with you and that you can be given dietetic counselling to assist you to feel well again.
Hang in there!