Question

UNbearably painful periods.
Hi, I've recently started having REALLY unbearably painful periods. I'm 19, and generally very healthy. I've never really had such painful periods, so I'm just wondering if this is something I should worry about at all. Thank you.

Ann, periods are not supposed to be unbearably painful. It might be that you have endometriosis or that something else is the matter. If you’re not on the pill, you can try going on the pill and taking anti-inflammatory drugs from a day before your periods start. The best would be to see your gynaecologist and make sure that everything is OK. Good luck.