Question

Uncomfortable feeling / cramp / spasm after orgasm - male
Dear Doc

I am a 30 year old male and on occasion after orgasm experience an uncomfortable sensation / cramping / spasm feeling. It usually happens if I have sex while needing to urinate (i.e. I should have gone to the toilet before but did not). After orgasm it feels like I need to urinate, after going to the toilet it feels like all / some of the muscles used to orgasm and control urine flow go into a very intense cramp / spasm resulting in an uncomfortable feeling which lasts about half an hour, unless I am up and about (active) in which case it passes in a shorter time.

It has been happening on and off since I was 18 and occurs one or twice a month

Any Idea of cause and suggestions for cure (other than go to toilet before)? Is this common?

Dear Bob,
You could have a prostrate problem. The prostrate is a gland sitting around your urethra or urine tube and it provides the lubrication when having intercourse. Some guys get a low grade infection or inflammation in the gland that can be treated with antibiotics. Please let your GP have a look ( I know it is embarrassing...) or let him/her refer you to an urologist to check. While there ask them to check your bladder for infection too.