Ask an expert

14 Jun 2011

Uncomfortable on my penis
This may sound a little funny but It''s causing me alot of discomfort. For a month now I have been feeling what I can only describe as a frustrating feeling in my penis and it''s so bad it causes my penis to be in pain. Kind of like I need to jerk it off or have sex, but after doing both it dosnt help. (lol, please bear with me...I know your probably thinking Im posting this as a joke...I swear Im not.) Massaging it helps or if I try not to think about it. The most discomfort I get is when I am sitting...I do actually do alot of sitting. (I sit in front of a computer all day for work). This sensation is also accompanied by the fact that my penis is constantly trying to retract inward...(like it''s going into protection mode) until I massage it a little. I have also been having burning after urination once in a while, but that could be a seperate issue.. Anyway, this is frustrating the hell outta me and just want to know if anyone else has experienced this or knows what it is or how it can be cured! Please help.
Answer 25,702 views

01 Jan 0001


I think your symptoms are due to a prostatitis, which is infection with inflammation of the prostate. You should consult your doctor for blood tests and an urine analysis. This condition can be treated easily with an extended course of oral antibiotics. Unfortunately, there is no over the counter medication that will alleviate your symptoms. I do however, suggest that you use Myprodol, two capsules, four times daily, to alleviate some of the symptoms but this is not the treatment for prostatitis.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.