Ask an expert

28 Nov 2005

Uncomfotable Bum
I have developed a swollen bump at my anus. It almost feels like a large pimple and is rather sensitive. It is redish / blueish colour. I am not in pain, but am aware that it is there. I have never had piles or haemorrhoides, so I have no idea if it could be that - I'm way too embaresed to go to a doctor. What could it be and what treatment could you suggest ?
Answer 299 views

01 Jan 0001

Mandy, it is very difficult to suggest a treatment without knowing what it is. It sounds like it might be a haemorrhoid, but i can’t say for sure without being able to examine you first. The best would be to see your doctor and have him take a look – nothing to be embarrassed about. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18602 votes