Question

Underactive Thyroid
I have had the same symptoms for ages now. I went to a reflexologist who said that there seemed to be a problem with my thyroid, but I never really took much notice. I was reading an article last night and some of the symptoms that I am having were associated with an underactive thyroid. I have hardly any muscle strength in my arms, I feel extremely bloated, even though I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I have tingling pins and needles in my arm and hand. Even though I eat a healthy diet, I am still finding it extremely hard to shift the weight. It seems to have got worse since I had my second child. I am also mildly depressed. I also experience achy pains in my legs, especially my left hand side, but the strangest is, I can be sleeping on my left hand side, but the pins and needles will be in the right hand and arm. I cannot understand - what answers can you give me ?

Jan, your symptoms can definitely fit in with those of an under-active thyroid. The easiest would be to have blood taken fro a thyroid function test and find out. You can have it done at any of the laboratories. Good luck.