Ask an expert

16 Oct 2009

Underactive Thyroid
I have never had my hormone levels or my thyroid tested. Perimenopause was diagnosed by my Doctor.
What exactly do they do for these tests.
I am also not taking any supplements aside from a multivitamin now and again.
Honestly I am not really a pill person and I don' t want to have to take for the rest of my life, hence the question of whether I can change my diet or maybe take a herbal supplement.
Answer 335 views

01 Jan 0001

Blood is taken to determine your thyroid level and full hormonal profile. Ask your doctor to do these tests. If you do not want to supplement nutrients in your diet via medication, you can change your diet to organic foods, lots of veggies, organic greens and plentiful fish.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18601 votes