Ask an expert

29 Nov 2005

Underative Thyriod
I was told that there is a specialist that deals with my thyriod problems. I have tried to find his details but keep getting nowhere. A patient wrote to the You magazine regarding her treatment and now I am having a problem getting his details, could you help, please? I am not loosing wieght on 0.05mg Eltroxin and seem to be picking up weight. I should weigh 55 kg and now weigh 75! Not good at all. Please could you help?
Answer 284 views

01 Jan 0001

Shorty, I think you’re referring to an endocrinologist – a specialist that works with glands that secrete hormones. The easiest would be to ask your GP to refer you to someone in your area as I don’t know where you live and who the specialists in your area are. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes