Question

Underative Thyriod
I was told that there is a specialist that deals with my thyriod problems. I have tried to find his details but keep getting nowhere. A patient wrote to the You magazine regarding her treatment and now I am having a problem getting his details, could you help, please? I am not loosing wieght on 0.05mg Eltroxin and seem to be picking up weight. I should weigh 55 kg and now weigh 75! Not good at all. Please could you help?

Shorty, I think you’re referring to an endocrinologist – a specialist that works with glands that secrete hormones. The easiest would be to ask your GP to refer you to someone in your area as I don’t know where you live and who the specialists in your area are. Good luck.