Question

Underwieght
I am a 23 year old female. At present i weigh a mere 42kg.I would like to put on some weight cos i feel underweight but i dont really put on weight easily. What would be good to put on weight.

Does being underweight effect ones periods

Dear Curious
It is often even more difficult to gain weight, than to lose it. Click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & food site' and read the articles on 'To gain weight' for the info you require. You can also try taking an amino acid supplement and doing exercises with weights to build some muscles. Anorexic patients do tend to stop menstruating, but if you are not anorexic then this should not apply. Visit your gynae for a checkup if you are having problems, as you may have a hormone imbalance.