Question

UNIVERSAL ANIMAL PAK
Dear Dr.
I am into body building,and what i have heard a person needs carbohydrates and protein for muscle growth.I recently found out about a product called Universal Animal Pak(very expensive)which comprises of vitamins only,it is used by bodybuilders worldwide I would like to know what role does this multivitamin play in bodybuilding and whether it is effective enough,I spoke to someone who used it last year,but what I have noticed is that im bigger than him.

Hi Jack

I'm not a fan. It's expensively unnecessary! If it really is vitamins only, then you'll just get rid of the ones you don't need in the urine. And vitamins don't do much to help build muscle anyway. So a big waste of money in my opinion.

The only time vitamins are beneficial (to anyone) are when your diet is inadequate, and you are deficient. If that's not the case, then they're passed out. I suspect that Animal Pak contains more than vitamins, probably because of contamination more than anything else.

I'd rather you spend that money on a good diet - as you rightly say, carbs and protein are needed and that's what will help you recover best and perform well!

Ross