Question

unmeasurable diabetes
Hi! I'm 32 and have had type1 diabetes for just over a year now. I have been hospitalized 6 times in this year for uncontrolable diabetes. I'm currently on 2 types of insulin, injecting 5 times a day and on 2 different tablets. My problem is that my sugar level goes so high that it is unmeasurable on my monitor. The highest that my monitor was able to read was 33.9, and every once in a while my sugar level falls to 1.3 or 1.8. Do you have any advise on how to control it better? I am on a very strict diet given to my by a dietician. All the doctors/specialists can tell me is that "I have an infection somewhere in my body". I seriously need help/advise urgently.

Regards,
Karen

Karen, having a sugar level that cycles between <2mmol/l and >34mmol/l is extremely dangerous and should be treated in a hospital. I think you should get a second opinion from a different specialist a.s.a.p. Good luck.