Question

Update to: don't know anymore
well i never want to experience a weekend like i just did. My boyfriend wasn't coming home the weekend and i ws going to let things be, but i couldn't take it anymore, so i went to see him, he didn't know i was coming. Well when i got there it was like he wasn;'t ready to see me. Well i wasn't gonna wait till fri for him to end, i wanted it over and done with, i couldn't handle the stress and pressure. Well we spoke and he said he's heart is saying let's try but he's mind says its not gonna work. Amazingly i was ok with it and said i understood and not going to force someone to stay with me, even though i love him and he loves me. i also said its sad to see you didn't even wanted to try and sort it out, he kinda took the easiest way out. the way he spoke its all my fault this came about, i want things to be perfect and things always my way. Its true but that's my nature and things my way i've kinda have had everything my way, i can't help it i've be spoilt, i know its wrong and i have been trying to change..
Well bottom line, he didn't want to end says he loves me to much and we are going to make this work. So i'll keep you posted to see what adventure i've been up to next.
Bye

Dear Pauline,
Thanks for the update. As you say, at least it is an adventure, even if the Princess sometimes ends up with a Prince on a white horse, and sometimes ends up with a dragon. It's OK to prefer things to be perfect, but to be practical, one usually has to settle for "as perfect as possible", because holding out and insisting on utter perfection can mean that little of what's available in real life, meets such high standards. WOuldn't a spot of relationship counselling help to sort out matters of "fault", ideals, and practicalities ?