Question

Ups and downs gets too much
for years i have had extreme highs and extreme lows, i have been told by a friend that i might be manic depressive, but i am not too sure of this...& #13 & #10 & #13 & #10 i mostly feel depressed though which causes me to not care about anything.& #13 & #10 & #13 & #10 i dont even know where to start to resolve all these feelings. i feel very confused. i have no idea who i am anymore as mostly i just try to hide all the emptiness i feel inside.& #13 & #10 & #13 & #10 if i am do hit a low, it is extreme, i do not function at all, speak to no one, stay in my room, etc.& #13 & #10 and when i am on a high, it is also an extreme. feel so happy and energetic, and often i know that when this happens that soon i will just flip around and be really really depressed.& #13 & #10 & #13 & #10 could this be bipolar or am i just suffering from depression...& #13 & #10 

I am certain that you can be helped. But the first step towards sorting out the complex situation you are describing, would be for you to see a good local psychiatrist, in private practice or at the nearest Medical sSchool or major provincial hoospital / clinic, for a full and proper assessment. Only with the results of such an assessment, and a diagnosis, can one usefully consider treatment options. This would provide you with someone from whom you had no need to hide the emptiness, or anything else. From your description, this might indeed be a Bipolar Disorder, which should respond well to treat, including medications such as antidepressants for the depressed lows, and perhaps one or more mood-stabilizers than help to limit those unpleasant swings from high to low.
Come back to the forum later and tell us what the psychiatrist found and advised. Work with the right expert help, and be patient, and before too long you could be feeling substantially better