Question

Upset and hurt by cold shoulder
I have not heard from my brothers ex-wife and since I had a baby. Before this we did not see each other that much but kept in touch. She was at my wedding(quite a few years after the divorce) and my nephew was the ringbearer. We used to see each other for birthday and Christmas. She also came to my baby shower and was very friendly saying that my nephew couldn't wait to see his baby cousin but since I had my baby she has not bothered to phone once. What is the reason for this? I can't think of any reason except that she is remarried now and perhaps wants nothing to do with this side of the family which doesn't really make sense. I know I should phone her personally but I have only manged to get the courage to sms and e-mail her. She did reply to the initial e-mails and said she would try visit us but she hasn't since then.

I don't know how realistic it is to expect to here from other people's ex's --- it's whatever your personal relationship with her was, that should decide what to expect from her. Any number of things could be complicating her own life right now, and delaying her responses or contacs with you.