Question

Upset Gynae did not assist
Morning,

I went to the gynae yesterday it was my first time being to her as I have only been to a gynae twice in my life.

I got married on 01/01/05, and had a early MC in the beginning of June 2005, the previous gynae gave me a tablet to clear out as I was not that far along and didn't have to go for a D&C.

We are trying to fall pregnant, so when I was at the gynae yesterday, she told me that she will not have to a do a pap smear, I should be due for one next year ( I have never had one in my life), she also said the fact that I had a MC in May means I have the ability to fall pregnant and she gives me a year from now if nothing happens, then we should go for tests.

She also done a scan and said my ovaries, and womb look fine but she can't see my tubes, and doesn't know what is going on there, but we shouldn't worry.

I am really not satisfied with this and that was just a waste of R700.00.

Why did I go to her then cause I needed help and did not get it.

Please can you tell me does all these things sound right?

Many thanks
Taz

It sounds absolutely right. The fact that you fell pregnant, even though you miscarried, means that you are fertile. It can take up to a year to conceive, so you need to give it more time. The tubes cannot be seen on scan but there wouldn't really be a reason to suspect a problem there if you were pregnant in May.