Ask an expert

02 Aug 2007

My friend is pregnant and the father of the child wants nothing to do with the baby and has told her to have an abortion. She has had a previous abortion and it effected her badly and she is now very depressed and on a verge of an emotional breakdown. Her family have also not been supportive and her father has told her to have an abortion as well. She is 29 and has decided that she cannot go through antoher abortion so she is going to keep the baby. Can you please help of give me phone numbers of social workers or of anybody that she can go and see to help her get through this. Unfortunately she cannot afford to see a pshycologist. Please could you email me urgently as i am extremely worried about my friends state of health and the baby's.
Thank you.
Answer 178 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Natalie B
Emergency number 084 740 5418
Abortion is not the only option, and it is wise of her to consider other options as well. She is lucky to have a good friend like you to support her!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17812 votes