Question

URGENT ADVICE
My ex went away for the weekend now I must take my 22 month old son to her parents to sleep there but he is not allowed to sleepover by me. The parental agreement is not in place yet can I keep him with me? I believe I got more rights than the grandparents. Will they be able to arrest me for keeping my son? The mediator told the mother that she must let my son sleepover so we can see how he reacts and I have to give her feedback but can''t do it if my ex keep on refusing that he sleepover.
Family law expert
family law expert

I suggest that you do bring an urgent application to get certain contact arrangements in place pending the mediation of a parenting plan. It may well be so that your spouse will lay a charge, but having said that, you also have joint parental rights that include contact and the mere fact that your child sleep over temporarily whilst your ex is away does not constitute a criminal offense.