Question

URGENT - - - PREGNANCY & BLEEDING
I am about 10 weeks pregnant and would like to know what causes spotting during pregnancy?

I have experienced very light bleeding after sex since falling pregnant, but then sometimes there is no bleeding at all!! Everytime there is some spotting, it's normally on the day or the day after having sex. I have had no cramps or anything else associated with this. What can this be? Is it reason to worry?

I saw my gynae on Monday and told him about this and he said that there are no problems. The baby is healthy and has a heartbeat of 176bpm and is growing well. The doc told me that light bleeding as I have described is not to worry about, but one should be worried if the bleeding becomes heavier, there are clots and cramping.

Please tell me if this is accurate? This is my first pregnancy and i am a bit nervous!

Thank you for taking the time to read my story!!

If the baby was alright, this is a good sign. Bleeding after sex is often due to a raw area on the cervix, whihc is fairly common in pregnancy. At this stage, you just need to see your doctor regularly.