Question

urgent question please
Hello Doc

I have a question that makes me very worried, 3 weeks ago I found out with a blood test that I am 4 weeks pregnant, but sadly also found out that I am suffering from a condition called Hypoglycaemia, what effect is this going to have on my baby, the gynie put me on Glucophaze 500mg but I since I started using this medication I am feeling very fainted most of the time, and are suffering from severe stomague aque that does not go away.

I am so worried that my baby is going to be abnormal, because according to the blood test my blood sugar levels is very low, and must aviod certain foods, I am trying but I also feel nausia and that makes me not want to eat.

Please doc if you can advice me.

Thank you

amanda

Do you mean Hypergycaemia? Glucophage is used to lower blood sugars, not increase them. The stomach ache and nausea are symptoms of Glucophage and it would help if you took it with meals.