Question

Urinary tract infection and the source of Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria
My girlfriend suffers from chronic urinary tract infection and it has been suggested that the cause could be the Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria which apparantly may be lying dormant in my prostate gland but infecting her during sexual intercourse. Supposing this hypothesis is true, how is it possible that I am not affected by the bacteria and yet she is, recurrently? Also, what is the source of the bacteria? Our fear is that, after going on a course of antibiotics and eliminating this particular bacteria from my system, could I be reinfected again?

Thank you

Bugged, you might have picked up the infection a long time ago and it stayed in your prostate without causing any problems. It doesn’t have to cause any symptoms, but it can cause burning urine and a slight discharge. If you both take a course of at antibiotics (at the same time) it should be the end of it if you’re both faithful. Good luck.