Ask an expert

19 Feb 2003

Urinate on my lover
Hi there anyone with any experience in doing this!! My husband has been asking me to urinate on him for a while now and I think that it is a very strange request. Firstly because it is not one of the things that is heard of and 2ndly how do you just urinate on someone? I really don't mind doing it because my love for him is great and I would do just about anything with him. But I am worried about the procedure and the after effect. If anyone who has been through it can help prepare me on what to do or what not to do? Thanks!!
Answer 18,474 views

01 Jan 0001

A practice generally favored by men, the practice involves being urinated upon (golden shower), or defecated upon (brown shower), in order to achieve orgasm. Golden shower and brown shower recipients are usually male.

The medical term for golden showers is urolagnia (urophilia), practitioners commonly call the act 'water works'. Excitement is usually derived from the sight, sound and smell of the stream of urine from one partner as they void upon the recipient.

Brown showers, or coprolagnia (coprophilia) in medical terms, is probably less common than golden showers. Since this type of sexual behavior is probably more atypical than say, dominance or fetishism, men may have to seek the services of a prostitute in order to engage in this type of behavior. Special equipment is often used, and where it is the case that some prostitutes are willing to engage in golden showers with their johns, literature indicates that far fewer prostitutes will engage in brown showers. A variant is the compulsive utterance of obscene words (coprolalia).

In addition to golden showers and brown showers, the term "water sports" also covers the practice of giving and receiving enemas for sexual pleasure, also known as klismaphilia.

There are a variety of sites available. Type in the words "Golden shower" or "Watersports" into any search engine and you can get more hands on ideas of how to do this.

Dr Elna McIntosh

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.