Question

Use of rittelin tablets to calm kids at school
Can you please let me have some information on the effect rettilin have on kids (good and bad). My child will be 7 in April and I was asked by her teacher to put her onto the medication.

Concerned, this page is designed for specific questions and unfortunately I don’t have the time to give you all the pros and cons of Ritalin®, but before you do anything I think you should consult a paediatric psychiatrist. I don’t think that one should put a child on Ritalin® just because a teacher says so. I personally have all my potential candidates screened by a paediatric psychiatrist, a paediatric psychologist, often an occupational therapist and sometimes a paediatric neurologist. If they all decide that Ritalin® is indicated you can be assured that it will be the best thing to do. The children that we did decide to put on Ritalin® have had only joy from the drug as it is an excellent drug if prescribed for the right reasons. Good luck.