Question

usn 12 week transformation
Hi doc

What is your view regarding the USN 12 week challenge? What happen after 12 weeks? Must you drink USN suppliments forever.
I am desperate to get rid of 8 - 10 kilo''s and it feel like i am stuck and not getting anywhere. I am doing the low gi low fat. But results are slow. I am also insulen resistant.

Any body can give feedback regarding this. Will appreciate.

Hi Annemarie

I think you need to be careful about generic diets. They often work, sure, but there are better ways to go about it, and the problem, as you've picked up, is sustainability - after 12 weeks, you have to keep going. And the problem with packaged diets is that they often do radical things, things that are not sustainable. And if I'm blunt, the USN diet is really just an excuse to promote supplement use. They push the diet to push the sales.

What you need to do, in my opinion, especially given your insulin resistance, is to spend the money you might have used on supplements on a good diet instead - see a dietician, get the right concepts in place, because that is sustainable. And long term!

Ross