Question

UTERUS BIGGER THAN NORMAL AT 9 AND A HALF WEEKS
HI.THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.I WENT TO MY GP TODAY AND ASKED IF MY STOMACH SHOULD BE SO BIG AT 2 MONTHS AS IN MOST BOOKS YOU CAN HARDLY NOTICE ANYTHING AT 2 MTHS.SHE SAID MY UTERUS FEELS BIGGER THAN IT SHOULD BE AT THIS TIME. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS ?I ALSO GET QUITE STIFF BY MY TAILBONE AND SURROUNDING JOINTS .IS THIS NORMAL?ARE MY JOINTS JUST STRETCHING ?SHOULD I TAKE A SPECIAL CUSHION TO SIT ON AT WORK? I AM ONLY 2 MTHS.WHAT AM I GOING TO BE LIKE AT 6/7 MONTHS. ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE.

Often abdominal swelling in early pregnancy is not related to the uterus, but more to laxity of the muscles and also some bowel distension. A uterus that feels larger than dates may suggest either that your dates are out, or that you could have a twin pregnancy. At this early stage it is unlikely though that twins will be detected clinically. You will have a scan when you see your gynaecologist and that will make things clearer.
The stiffness you describe is probably due to stretching of the ligaments. You can use a special cushion at work if you find it helpful. Also be aware of your posture - there is a tendency to curve your spine as the weight is all in the abdomen. Flat shoes will also help.