Ask an expert

17 Mar 2003

Uterus infection
Could some one please explain to me what uterus infection is all about. I have been experiencing pain during doggy style and people have been telling me that I might have an infection and need to go see the gynie some have even suggested that my b/f could be too big for me. If I have this infection what sort of examination am I going to incounter. Please fill me in.
Answer 305 views

01 Jan 0001

If you only have pain with one position and not others, it is unlikely that there is anything serious wrong. Different sexual position result in pressure on different parts of the genitalia and some of these may be tender. If you have pain all the time, a pelvic infection is possible. The gynaecolgist would examine you, including an internal examination and pap smear and swabs may also be taken if there is any discharge.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.