Ask an expert

20 Aug 2007

UU and IVF
Hi i'm 30 years female and i was diagonested with uu in 2005. i had one tube which didn't not fully grow two ovaries which procuces eggs. i get normal periods .the tube was very thin and had a ballon in the middle. i start doing IVf last year but before doing it the Dr decided to cut off the ballon making me now tubeless his reason was he is scared the deformed tube might store fluid which will lead to miscarrage. I did two IVF all negative and now I did FET which was position but low hcg count. i had to go back and i was now negative. i'm so dicouraged and i'm not sure which way to go. is the hope for someone with uu like mine to have a positive pregnancy? is there other tests that must be done to see if my uterus is killing the embyo or what ?
Answer 477 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Thina

Thus far all the treatment steps that you have undergone are logical and correct and therefore I can only encourage you to pursue this option further. However there appears to be some implantation related problems which can be investigated and I am sure that your fertility specialist is more than capable in performing the correct investigations and treating them accordingly.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18602 votes