Ask an expert

16 Feb 2009

Vaginal Tear
Subject: Vaginal Tear
Posted by: NL
Hi There. After my husband and I had sex, my skin at the back close to the anus of the vagina tore. It'  s been how long, and it doesn'  t seem to heal, if I go wee it burns. And I have to do a number 2 it just tare'  s again. Please help what cream can I use down there to speed up the healing process?
Date: 12/2/2009

Posted by: Gynaedoc
If the tear is bad, creams probably will not help. See your doctor to find out what is necessary.

Best wishes
Date: 14/2/2009

Subject: RE: Vaginal Torn
Posted by: NL
I can'  t afford to go to the doc right now, I would like to know if bactroban will work. May I use it down there, it'  s not inside, it'  s just outside. It has gotten a bit better, I can go wee now without it burning like hell, so I suppose it'  s starting to heal. But I still can'  t have sex untill it'  s completely healed.
Answer 11,857 views

01 Jan 0001

Bactroban will prevent infection of the area, but will not necessarily heal the underlying cause.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes