Ask an expert

11 Jul 2005

Vaginismis ?
I am desperate for your help Doc, i went to the gynae for the first time on sat and after an examination she said that the muscle around my opening is very tight , that is why i couldnt have sex the previous week.

is this called Vaginismis ? and how can i be cured , please help, i am highly depressed and dont know what to do.

thank you
Answer 494 views

01 Jan 0001

There are exercises you can do to help. the sexologist will be able to give you more information, or you could do an internet search.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes