Question

Varicoceles
Dear Doc,

Approximately 6 months ago my husband had an operation for varicoceles. We had been trying at that stage for about a year to fall pregnant without success - the doctor advised that he was not producing sufficient amounts of sperm. What I would like to know is, do you perhaps know how long it would take before his sperm count would improve and, as another 6 months have now again passed (without success) whether we should now seek more help in conceiving. Thanks very much for your help.

Zazu, 6 months is more than enough. I think it is time to have another sperm count done. Good luck.