Question

varicose veins
I am 23 years old and although my job involves alot of standing on my feet, I can't find a treatment. I have varicose veins around the back of my knees and the top of my thigh. They are still spider veins, but by the tme I am 30 I will look like a grand pree. I have been to a doctor sho just advised me to wear surgicals stockings and gave me a recomendation for laser treatment. It does not run in my family. Lateley though I have had unexplained bruises appering on muy legs to as if it is bad circulatuion, but how can this be since I attend taibo classes twice a week and cardiovascular training at a gym? The bruises are quite large, sometimes as big as a fist. When i think about it I can remeber bumping myself, but it wasn't painful and should not leave such bad bruising. I am only 6 kg overweight so I don't think thats it either. this really is ugly. Should I have bp tests or sugar tests or anything like that. Maybe i need a blood thinning product like aspirin or something.??? I have even changed my contraceptive pill to a lower dosage, but it seems to have gotten worse. Pleas help??????

Lucy, the best would probably be to see a surgeon and to have him d a thorough examination of the veins in your legs. If he says everything’s OK, you have nothing to worry about. Good luck.