Question

Vasculitis
Hello Dr

My father-in-law has vasculitus (is on chemo treatment) and my mom has been having tests done and the specialists say that all results are indicating vasculitus.

My question: is vasculitus hereditary? I had a baby last year May and we would like another but worried that our children may get this terrible disease.

Thank you

Dear Joey
Vasculitis is just another name for inflammation of blood vessels. Vasculitis can be caused by medication, cancer, certain infections and you do get hereditary kinds. See http://www.medicinenet.com/vasculitis/article.htm
Your dad's is probably due to the cancer, so you should try and find out what the cause of your mother's vasculitis is and whether this is one of the possible hereditary diseases.