Question

Vasectomy
My husband had a vasectomy a week ago, and the docter said
that for 6 weeks sex will still be unsafe.
I thought it would be almost "instant"
Does any one know why it takes this long?

A man can resume sexual activity within a few days after vasectomy, but precautions should be taken against pregnancy until a test shows that his semen is free of sperm. Generally, this test is performed after the patient has had 10-20 post-vasectomy ejaculations. If sperm are still present in the semen, the patient is told to return later for a repeat test.

If you are going to have intercourse 20 times in the next 6 weeks, 6 weeks is a realistic figure, but for some people it might take musch longer than 6 weeks, so do be careful.

Only once you've had 3 clear Semen analysis is it safe to have unprotected sex.
Dr Elna Mcintosh