Question

vasectomy reversal
What are the chances of conciving a baby after 7 years of having a vasectomy?
fertility expert

Dear Kim

It is still very possible to conceive after having a vasectomy, but this will not be through natural means.
It will require a procedure called micro-injection or ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection).
This process involves the removal or aspiration/retrieval of eggs from the female which are then individually inseminated with a single sperm (taken directly from the testes through a procedure called a testicular biopsy or testicular aspiration).
My advise is that the testicular biopsy be performed first to obtain the sperm. The sperm then can be frozen and used as described above.
It is possible to obtain viable sperm after a vasectomy even after a period of twelve years as I have had success with such procedures .

The issue of reversal of vasectomy is feasible, but the quality of sperm following a reversal is very often inadequate for natural conception to occur. There is also the possibility of anti-sperm antibodies being present which will further complicate the issue of natural conception. It is therefore my advise that you look to the ICSI method (as discussed above)as your best option.