Question

Vegetarian Dieting
I'm a vegetarian of the Lacto-Vegetarian variety so therefore eat everything except fish, meat or chicken.
As a result of eating 'everything' I have recently put on about 5 kilos which I would dearly love to loose. Please can you recommend a dietary eating plan as in:
Breakfast - you eat x, y, z
Lunch - you eat a, b, c
like there are so many diets like this out there but all for meat eaters.
Thanking you in anticipation

Dear Lee
I hear what you are saying and have the best intentions to work out a slimming diet for vegetarians, but have not got there yet (I keep on having to answer so many of these questions that it takes up all my time!). In the meanwhile, click on 'Diet' and 'Weight Loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a basic low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet. Use this as your basis and substitute low-fat milk and dairy products and eggs for the meat/fish. By cutting down on fat (use low-fat or skim milk, yoghurt and cottage cheese and don't add lots of fat to other foods like grains, cereals, vegs, etc and when you prepare eggs), you should be able to lose those kgs. Combine the diet with plenty of regular exercise and you will succeed.