Question

Verskille
Goeie dag

Ek wil graag weet wat is die verskil tussen ''n sielkundige and ''n sigiater, en wanneer gaan ''n mens na wie toe? Kan u ook asseblief my help deur ''n paar mense voor te stel in die Boksburg area, ek is nie te bekend met dokters in die area nie

Baie dankie

OK, I can't recommend any specific shrinks, because nobody in the country can keep track of who they are, where they are, how they practice and whether they're good enough to recommend. Your GP should be able to recommend someone good and near you.
The difference is this - a psychiartrist / psigiater is a fully trained medical doctor who then specializes in diagnosing and treating psych problems. A Psychologist /sielkundige is not medically trained and can't prescribe drugs, but has specialized directly in psych problems, and treats them by psychotherapy, talking therapy.
Depending on your problem, the more it may involve physical / medical aspects or need drug treatment, the more you'd think of a psychiatrist, the more it is problems in living, in relatonships and so on, the more you'd think of a psychologist - though they may also use methods like CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) which are very efective in treating depression and anxiety, too.