Question

VERY LIGHT PERIOD
Dear Doc,
I wrote earlier today. My period is 3 days late as mentioned, but it is extremely light. I usually have very heavy first day whereafter it subsides. I am really confused as to what is happening with my body. I did a home pregnancy test this morning which came up negative, whereafter my period started. Please can you tell me if I should rather see my doctor? Is there any explanation?

If you think that there is a possibility of pregnancy, you have probably done the pregnancy test a bit early. Having an occasional late period is not uncommon and happens to most women at some stage of their lives. If you have a normal period from now on, there should not be anything to worry about.