Question

Very sad and depressed
I've just received a very bad news that my cousin has passed away, she was 14 weeks preggies and suffered from headache and difficult breathing, she was admitted in hospital for a week. she is survived by her husband and daughter (7yrs). (she was 26yrs)

Her death left the whole family traumatised, I can't help my self thinking that I will never see her again. I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I'm always in tears.

DM

Dear DM, so sorry to hear this awful news. All grief is tough to cope with, and especially so when you've lost a young person, unexpectedly, in especially sad circumstances. You won't lose your mind, though it may feel that way at first. Explore the availability of grief counselling, perhaps through your local hospice, to help you deal with your grief ( which takes 6 to 9 months at least to lessen usefully ) and to enable you to be more helpful to her husband and child. Don't be afraid of crying.