Question

Very short period
Hi. My period is very short - 2 days. Is this something to worry about if I want to fall pregnant?
fertility expert

Dear Worried

Normal menstrual bleeding duration varies between two and seven days and therefore although, your period is only two days, it may be within the norm. However, it is not just the duration of blood loss but the volume of blood loss that is important. Should the two days of your period be very scanty, this may indeed require further investigations. I would recommend that some hormonal evalution, including that of your thyroid and your prolactins be undertaken, to rule out possibilities of underlying hormonal problems.