Question

Very unfit. Yoga classes?
I am a very unfit woman in my early 30's. I admit that I don't exercise at all. I now realise that I must make time to exercise, as it will only be a benefit to my health, but I hate sweating out in a gym. Will yoga classes do me good? If so, where can I find someone who gives classes on the West Rand, South or West of Johannesburg?

Hi Thea
Yes, yoga will help, AS PART OF A TOTAL PROGRAMME, but to get fit, you need to do cardiovascular exercise and some toning. I strongly recommend you visit the Fitness page of this website and click on "SHAPE UP FOR SUMMER". There are a number of very "do-able" programmes. How about trying the walking programme - you can enjoy the outdoors, won't sweat too much and still get loads of benefits; combine this with some simple toning exercises at home? Do yoga perhaps twice a week to compliment your other workouts.

Give your closest Virgin Active a call re yoga classes - I 'm afraid I don't have any contacts in this regard.

Good luck!