Question

Vet help please
hi

I have a female cat with asthma. due to the asthma we cannot get her fixed as she does not handle the anesthetic well. PLEASSSSEE tell me there is something else we can do??

she does not go outside at all and our only male cat is fixed so thats not the problem. the problem is the screaming all day. Im so worried my neighbours are going to complain about the noise.

I dont know what else i can do, please help!!
cybervet

The asthma needs to be treated and when it is under control the risk of anaesthetic complications is less. Let me know where you are and I will put you in touch with someone who can give you a second opinion. In the interim your vet may be able to use a "birth control" drug to stop the cycling. The other option is to have the cat mated by a vasectomised tom. That way she will not fall pregnant but she will go off season for a while. There are obviously risks in taking your cat to a cattery to have her mated.