Ask an expert

26 Jan 2008

Vetinary Specialist for hip dysplasia
My Scottie has been diagnosed as hip dysplasia. I would like to consult with a specialist about the possibility of operating. He is 7 years old and otherwise in excellent condition. He limps badly and seems to have significant muscle wasting in hind quarters. He is on Hills R/D, supplements and analgesia as required. However, I want to make his life as pleasant and painfree as possible. Do you know of anyone in the East Rand?
Answer 1,015 views

01 Jan 0001

There are two specialist practices in Johannesburg - please call the veterinary council in Pretoria and they will be able to provide you with their names and numbers. Surgery may be possible in selected cases.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.