Question

Viagra long term effects
I have been on Viagra for 3 months and have been wondering about the long term effects, side effects of this amazing drug. One often reads about cases of the eventual side effects of drugs after many years of a drug being on the market. This got me to thinking, I wonder if there might be some side effects which are at a later stage attributed to Viagra. Things that could perhaps go wrong like enlargement of the prostate gland etc. I am very happy that I eventually plucked up the courage to discuss the problem with my GP and the use of this drug has had an amazing result for me and my wife, but what if there are problems that are associated with the use of this drug at a later stage. Lets hope not.
P

Like all medicines, VIAGRA can cause some side effects. These effects are usually mild to moderate and usually don’t last longer than a few hours. Some of these side effects are more likely to occur with higher doses. The most common side effects of VIAGRA are headache, flushing of the face, and upset stomach. Less common side effects that may occur are temporary changes in color vision (such as trouble telling the difference between blue and green objects or having a blue colour tinge to them), eyes being more sensitive to light, or blurred vision.

In rare instances, men have reported an erection that lasts many hours. You should call a doctor immediately if you ever have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours. If not treated right away, permanent damage to your penis could occur.

Heart attack, stroke, irregular heart beats, and death have been reported rarely in men taking VIAGRA. Most, but not all, of these men had heart problems before taking this medicine. It is not possible to determine whether these events were directly related to VIAGRA.

I have also forwarded your question to Pfizer head office New York, and will post it as soon as I get a reply