Question

Victor Frankl - one of the greatest men of our times! (At least to me)
We are told over and over and constantly read about how our attitude determines how we manage and cope with our circumstances. One of my hero's is the great Victor Frankl. He was interred in a concentration camp and lost everything but the will to live. His works and writings are some of the most inspiring I have ever read. He is also one of the greatest writer of psycology and philosophy! Read him - he will inspire you.

I'm so pleased you like him, Tango, as he was a good friend to me. In my office, I have a sketch portrait of me he rew one night while we were having dinner together in Montreal, on a serviette ! ( the sketch was on the swerviette, no the dinner ). A nice man, not big-headed. He once asked me why, when his books were popular all over the world --- he'd just been in Thailand where the taxi-driver had asked for his autograph on a book --- but why they were relatively unpopular in France. I said it was because his writings are always comprehensible and clear --- and the French prefer murky and incomofrhensible books, which support an entire secondary industry, of petty authors who then publish books trying to explain what the Great Man actually meant to say --- Frankl's words were clear enough to need none of those parasites !
His greatest pride, though, was his mountaineering exploits, and in a year in which he had won various awards, he was most proud of climbing a particular Alpine peak and being praised by one of the most experienced guides for having done so, well.
He actually visited us out here in SA, but very late in his life when he was less accessible and more running on autopilot.