Ask an expert

22 Jun 2011

My mom is in ICU and suffering organ failure after doctors believe she may have contracted a virus whilst on holiday in Shri Lanka and India ( she went for the world cricket Cup).

They still cannot find out what virus she contracted. Where can i find a virologist that can assist with a diagnoses?
Answer 292 views
Travel expert
Travel expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Prini,

This is very sad news. All the major Pathology firms have regional Virologists on their consultant list and most of the Medical Schools have Infectious Disease Departments that can assist the Specialist looking after your Mum.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17787 votes