Question

vision problems
hi doc, I have had this strange flashing light in my vision, twice in the last week. It starts in the middle and then goes outwards, forming an arc shape until it's completely out - this takes about 10mins from start to end. I have had some people say it sounds like the aura that people get when they get a migraine but in my case it's not accompanied by a headache or anything else, it goes away and no after effects. I also used to experience this in the past, a few times when I was pregnant, but now these latest episodes are the first time in at least a year. What is it?
thanks

Dear Muffin
Please see your doctor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - this can be a sign of retinal detachment which can cause blindness!!
See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/retinal-detachment/DS00254/DSECTION=1