Question

Vital Lecithin
Lecithin is a "good" fat which assists in fat absorbtion? If I take these tablets with a healthy diet can they make me fatter? Or, will I lose fat?

Dear AJ
I apologise for only responding to your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
Lecithin is a so-called phospholipid that is involved in the transport of cholesterol over cell membranes. Like all other fats it contains 9 cal/g, so it could cause weight gain. Its role in controlling blood cholesterol levels is not proven and as it occurs in many foods, you really don't need to take a supplement.