Question

Vitamin B supplements
I am vegetarian and have been advised to take vitamin B supplements. The probelm that I have is that the vitamin b complex supplement that I purchased contains dosages of each vitamin B contained therinabove the daily recommended dosage. Will this affect me negatively? What dosage is considered safe?

Dear Reshma
Hi again! Basically the B vitamins are water-soluble and your body will excrete any excess you take, so you can use this supplement esp as you are a vegetarian and may lack B12 which can lead to anaemia. Check out the various B complex supplements in the chemist and take one that supplies close to the RDA, instead of 2 or 3 times the RDA, as the additional vitamins are not necessary.