Question

Vitamin C
I just read on a report that one should not take more than 75 miligrams of Vit C per day, what happens if you exceed that limit?
how many miligrams does an orange have for example?

Issey, 75mg of vitamin C isn’t that much. The average fresh orange probably contains 60-70mg of vitamin C. The daily recommended dosage is 60mg per day, but if we suspect a deficiency we give up to a 1000mg a day. The most common side effects of high doses of vitamin C are stomach irritation, flatulence, or diarrhoea. In theory it can cause kidney stones. It can also cause problems with laboratory tests like those for blood sugar. If your interested in something I wrote on taking too much vitamins, mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send it to you. Good luck.