Question

Vitamin E overdose
After being diagnosed with a non-malignant, inoperable growth in the lung which the doctor could do little about except 'keep an eye on', I read a number of books to find out how I could boost my immunity. Unfortunately, I misread the amount of Vitamin E I should be taking, with the result that I have been taking 3000 IU a day for the past 2 weeks, resulting in nausea and stomach problems.
As soon as I discovered my mistake I immediately stopped taking Vitamin E altogether. However, I would like to go back onto it (in conjunction with selenium, as recommended) as soon as it is safe to do so. When is this likely to be? Is this vitamin stored for a long time in the body? (By the way, I am in my late 70s). Your answer would be much appreciated, as I am still suffering a lot of pain which is apparently caused by the growth pressing on nerves, and my recovery from this condition is in my hands alone.
Thank you,

Gaile Taylor

Gaile, this all sounds a bit weird to me. Before you do anything my advice would be to get a second opinion from a different thoracic surgeon and make sure that there is nothing they can do for this painful growth. While you’re there you can also ask him to have your vitamin E levels checked as it may take quite some time before they’re down to normal again. Good luck.